Pages

Monday 25 April 2016

Lush Review-Intergalactic, Ultraviolet & Bah Humbug ♡

I may have mentioned this before (like a hundred times..I'm still very upset about it) but I'm moving into a flat soon with no bath, so I'm having to try and work my way through my lush stash and I'm going to be reviewing bits of it as I go. I've already reviewed The Experimenter here  and today I actually have three products to talk about, Intergalactic bath bomb, Ultraviolet bubble bar and Bah Humbug bubble bar, three of my absolute favourite products from Lush.


Intergalactic is quite possibly my favourite Lush bath bomb ever, I think I love it even more than Lord of Misrule! It used to be exclusive to Oxford Street but is now available in all stores, it costs £3.95 and is one of the bigger sized bath bombs and in my opinion one of the best all round.


It's a stunning bath bomb from first glance on the shelf to when it's fizzed away, and even after as the scent tends to linger on your skin in the best way. On the outside you have the bright blue with the swirl of pink, white and yellow that gives the illusion of a galaxy (maybe...to me anyway) and once you drop it in the bath you get the most amazing display of colours, it's definitely my favourite one to photograph and instagram (insert shameless plug here) it does also contain lustre but it doesn't stick to you, and rinses off of the bath so if you don't like glitter don't be put off!

So if you can't tell already I love the way this bath bomb looks, both in and out of the water, but it's really the smell that has won me over completely with this one, it contains peppermint, grapefruit, vetivert and cedarwood oil and it smells incredible. The mint is obvious but in a refreshing way, balanced with the citrus from the grapefruit and I really with that Lush would bring this scent into more products, I know they have Dirty which is minty but it just isn't quite the same, this is definitely the product I'll miss the most once I don't have a bath anymore and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a Lush bath bomb to try!


To try and work my way though my ridiculous bubble bar stash I've been trying to pair bubble bars together and to go with Intergalactic I really wanted to use Ultraviolet and Bah Humbug, both were unfortunately limited editions but Ultraviolet has been in the last couple of Easter collections and I think that Lush would be daft not to bring Bah Humbug back next Christmas (again I really wish they'd bring this scent into more products, it's amazing!)
Ultraviolet bubble bar is one of the bigger bubble bars that Lush do, it's about the same size as The Comforter but in a rainbow shape, I've adored this since they first brought it out because the smell is divine! It contains rosewood and ylang ylang oils, violet leaf and jasmine absolute and smells beautiful, fresh but earthy, like Parma Violet sweets but not as sickly, perfect for those who don't like the very sweet scents that are typically associated with Lush. You can easily get loads of baths out of this, and thanks to the mix of colours it can be paired with several different bath bombs if you're going for  colour schemes-I used the purples for this bath and have the bluey green section coming up in the next bath in my review series.
I believe Bah Humbug was new to the Christmas range last year but I fell in love straight away, it was incredibly unique amongst the other Christmas products but it was definitely my favourite from the collection, it smells like liquorice but mixed with lemon so that it sweetens it up a bit, I don't know if I'm selling this very well but if it's out this year go and give it a smell, it's amazing! 
You can see the colour that the three of these made in the top photo, it made a beautiful inky purple blue bath with the lustre from Intergalactic, it was stunning and I'd definitely try this mixture again, like my last Lush review the only editing in these photos is slightly in the top collage which I put on instagram, all of the rest are true to their colours so you can see how pretty they really are.

Thankyou so much for reading this, I'm looking forward to doing more Lush reviews as I work my way through my stash and may be doing a giveaway with any unused left over items closer to when I move so keep an eye out for those!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik