Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

Lush Review-The Experimenter ♡

It's no secret that Lush is my favourite shop ever, I love the company, the shops, the branding and of course the products, they are obviously better known for their bath bombs/bubble bars and for good reason. 
Unfortunately this Summer I'm going to be moving into a flat that doesn't have a bath so I'm having to work through my bath product collection to use them up before I can't use them anymore (I'm still slightly in denial about this..) and I thought I'd do some reviews of my favourites, starting with one that I always forget that I love, The Experimenter.

The Experimenter started off as a Lush Oxford Street exclusive but was thankfully one of the products that made its way into regular stores, it's one of the bigger bath bombs that Lush do, and also one of the most impressive. It costs £3.95 and I really would recommend you check it out, it's definitely an experience!

On first impressions The Experimenter is obviously a stand out product, it has fourteen sides (a tetradecahedron I think..don't quote me on that...it sounds cool though!) and combines bright blue, pink, purple white and gold which all together create a very eye catching bath bomb.
Smell wise this may not be for everyone, it's very smoky and in my opinion one of Lush's more complex fragrances, it mixes vertivert, tonka and vanilla absolute, which all compliment each other beautifully, I can imagine this scent being an amazing candle! This would be a good bath bomb for people who dislike Lush's usual sweet, floral or fruity scents.


To appreciate the full effect of this bath bomb I'd recommend part filling your bath without using a bubble bar and then dropping the bomb in, this gives you the full display of it's colours and patterns, then I usually fill the bath the rest of the way and use a bubble bar if I want to. It is a slow fizzer but as you can see the patterns of the colours are so worth it, it also contains popping candy so I think that children would really enjoy watching this one, it's definitely one of Lush's more interesting bath bombs. I'd also like to mention that these photos of the bath bomb in action are completely unedited, I just collaged them together so you can see how bright and colourful this really is.


The one thing that could be seen as a negative with The Experimenter is the end bath colour, because of all of the colours you end up with a murky grey colour, which some people might not like, I personally don't mind but I can see why it might be off putting to people. The inclusion of the gold lustre does help to keep the water looking sparkly once the colours have blended together but because it's a lustre and not a glitter you don't have to worry about looking like a disco ball once you get out.
The last thing I wanted to mention is that this bath bomb is vegan friendly, so everyone can enjoy it, and I'm sure that if you give it a go you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik