Pages

Monday 7 March 2016

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Review ♡

Zoeva is a brand that's been talked about a lot lately, I've used a few of their brushes in the past, but after hearing a lot about the palettes I decided to order one.
Back when I bought my makeup brushes from them I think they were only available from the Zoeva website, and as they have to ship them from overseas I ended up paying more for the postage than the actual brushes I bought, they are now available from Beauty Bay, where shipping is free if you spend over £15, but standard shipping is only £1.95 so even if what you choose is less than that it isn't a huge extra cost.

The palettes are about £15.50 depending on which one you get, and I chose the Cocoa Blend palette, the description of the palette says that it was inspired by warm truffle colours, and is free from parabens, mineral oils and fragrance.


The packaging does really remind me of a fancy box of chocolates, it's really lightweight and thin so is easy to travel with, has a magnetic closure but doesn't have a mirror which can be annoying, it's not an issue if you have other products that have mirrors in but usually I use my eyeshadow palette mirrors as they tend to be bigger. The shades also have really cute names, which unfortunately my photos haven't picked up very well.

Inside the palette you get ten shades, and they are all really soft and easy to apply, I do find that some of them have much better pigmentation than others, and one of the biggest issues I have with the palette is that it's the darkest shades that are least pigmented and I struggle to use them to deepen the outer corner of my eye makeup which is why I bought the Urban Decay Oil Slick shadow. 

bitter sweet, sweeter end, warm notes, pure ganache, substitute for love, freshly toasted

Bitter Start- A pale nude shade that isn't very pigmented in swatches but does work nicely on the eyes
Sweeter End- A shimmery duo chrome taupey nude shade
Warm Notes- A gorgeous cranberry shade, quite pigmented and one of my favourite shades
Pure Ganache- A really pretty gold, perfect for brightening up the eyelids
Substitute For Love- A soft brown with a subtle shimmer, not that pigmented but is nice for blending 
Freshly Toasted- A rich mahogany brown, another favourite shade, I don't own anything like this yet

warm notes (again) subtle blend, beans are white freshly toasted (again) infusion, delicate acidity
Subtle Blend- A deep bronze, works really well with the gold and cranberry shade
Beans are White- A deep matte brown, not very pigmented which is quite annoying
Infusion- A dark matte brown with soft gold glitter, quite a soft colour
Delicate Acidity- A sort of purple taupe colour, apparently it's berry toned but I think it's more taupe

Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend, Beans Are White, Pure Ganache, Substitute for Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion & Delicate Acidity.
This palette is really good if you like warm eyeshadows, especially if you like to create cranberry/golden eyeshadow looks, I think this would be really nice in the summer, but I would have to use my Urban Decay Oils Slick eyeshadow to darken the look up sometimes.

If you have any more Zoeva makeup recommendations please let me know as I would like to try more of the brand, I hope you enjoyed this review, thankyou for reading♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik