Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

April Favourites 2016 ♡

I struggled to pick things to put in my April favourites at first, but I think I have a nice little selection of things to show, it's a little late but never late than never right?


April absolutely flew by and my makeup didn't really change much so there isn't much to talk about..so maybe that will stop me rambling so much?


I really got into using my Mac Blue Brown pigment with smokey eye looks and love the way it can change a look and make it so much prettier, it's a gorgeous brown with blue and green pearl and looks amazing with a brown smokey eye. On my days off I really got into a simpler eye look using the Maybelline colour tattoo in Pink Gold with the Top Shop Chameleon Glow in Wax and Wane and it makes a really pretty simple look, perfect for if you don't want to spend ages on your makeup or if you're in a rush.

Teddy Bear, Blue Brown, Pink Gold, Wax & Wane, eyeshadows combined, 1995

I've been really into liquid lipsticks lately and Limecrime's Teddy Bear and Gerard Cosmetics 1995 have been alternating on my lips all month, they are similar but I feel like they're different enough to justify me wearing both of them, they are pretty nudes, they might be better for autumn and winter but I love them so much!


On my nails I've been loving Barry M's Sunset polish in All The Things She Red, it's a gorgeous orange/red/tomato colour, which is probably one of my favourite colours ever! I've also been loving the L'Oreal Colour Riche nail polish in Rose Ballet, I've heard a lot about these polishes but this was the only colour that really stood out to me and I've been wearing it a lot, it's a really pretty colour and I think it has a perfume scent when it dries (I could be wrong..but it smells nice when it's dried)
I discovered Spectrum brushes this month and became slightly obsessed with them, I've got lots of them now but these are just some of my favourites, they are really affordable and lovely quality.
Lastly I've still been loving my YSL Black Opium but when I've been wanting something lighter I've been reaching for my Victoria's Secret Pure Daydream body spray, it smells so nice and summery.


I read and loved two books this month, the first is the sequel to The Rosie Project, The Rosie Effect. This book is really amusing and funny but kept me hooked still, it's been a nice break from reading heavier, darker books and I would love for there to be more of these! I think they're making a film of the first book and honestly I could really get into seeing more of these characters!
Speaking of darker books..I've absolutely been loving reading Burnt Paper Sky by Gilly Macmillan, I love that this book is set in Bristol and the storyline is really gripping. I really really (really) think that this book would make an amazing second season of Thirteen (the TV show that was in my favourites last month)
I've basically just been watching Buffy again all month but I've also been really getting into watching the Saccone Joly vlogs again, I've developed a routine of watching the night before's vlog while getting ready for work in the morning and have been loving it! I've been watching them for a while on and off but since watching Anna's snapchats I've started watching them more, I just wanted to say, even though they will likely never see this, that I wish them all the best and am sending my love to them after what they have been through. ♡

That's it this month, I have a feeling I'll have more to talk about next month but I'll likely also be a lot more disorganised and stressed as I am now less than two months away from moving and I'm getting nervous.

My  last post was a Coconut Lane Giveaway that ends soon so go and check that out and enter!

Thanks for reading♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik