Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Collective Haul-Spring 2016 ♡

I might have a little bit of a haul today, I've been meaning to post it for a while but keep getting distracted, I've also been buying some homeware bits but I think I'm going to put those into a separate post once I'm moved into the new flat and have things set up, so for now I have a mix of some beauty and random things that I've collected over the last month or so.


Unless you've been living under a rock the last month or so you'll probably have heard that boots now stocks NYX and I'm really interested in trying some more of their products, especially as they are cruelty free and affordable, I picked up the Dewy Finish Setting Spray (£7), I was running out of my old setting spray so thought I'd give this a try, I went for the dewy one as my skin tends to get quite dry and so far I've been liking this one quite a lot. 
I really wanted to try some liquid lipsticks from them but wasn't keen on the formulas or colours they had, so I chose two of the matte lipsticks instead, I want to try to make my collection cruelty free so was looking for shades that could replace a few of my favourite Mac lipsticks so choose the colours Euro Trash and Whipped Caviar (£6.50). 

top-Euro Trash, bottom-Whipped Caviar
Another cruelty free replacement for my makeup collection is the Rosie for Autograph Translucent Finishing Powder (£18) this powder is really nice, but the thing that interested me the most is the packaging, I always end up making a huge mess with loose powders but this one has a sort of net that dispenses the powder, and the lid has a stopper that stops the powder from spilling out when the product is closed-genius! 

The shop I work in sells W7 as one of our main brands and I really like their new Spring collection, this is one of the three pastel polishes they came out with called Dawn, it's a really pretty nude pink shade and the formula is actually really nice, I don't hear anything about W7 nail polish but for such a light shade this is really easy to apply and lasts longer than other brands I've used.

The Body Shop released their new Piñita Colada range for Summer and it is divine! I picked up two of the shower gels (£5) as they were on offer in my local store  at two for £7 and they smell amazing, a blend of pineapple and coconut that contains coconut flakes and oil, it's so refreshing, perfect for Summer.

The last beauty item I picked up was two packets of the Simple Micellar Wipes, they are on offer in Boots at two for £4, they are the best makeup wipes I've ever used and they don't irritate my skin at all, I know makeup wipes are frowned upon in the blogging world but these ones don't seem so bad to use on occasion.


So if you've read any of my favourite posts for the last few months you may know that I've been slightly (majorly) obsessed with watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and then Netflix took it down just as I got onto the last season so I bought it on amazon, it's only £39.99 for all seven seasons which is really reasonable for box sets so I bought them all so I can watch them over and over again..which I most definitely will be doing.

Coconut Lane have released a range of macbook cases in beautiful marble patterns, there are three patterns to choose from but I went for this simple grey marble effect, aka the Classy Case (£28) , they come in a range of sizes and are really good quality, you can also use the code ditsy20 to get 20% off.

While making a homeware order on Urban Outfitters I got one of the Urban Renewal Vintage Surplus  Bandana Scrunchies (£4) I love hair scrunchies at the moment and this one is so cute! I don't really know what else to say about a hair scrunchie but I love the look of a lot of Urban Outfitter ones.

Finally, and probably the thing I'm most excited about, I was waiting for M.J Arlidge's latest book, Little Boy Blue (£3.85) to come out in paperback for what feels like forever, it's the fifth book in the DI Helen Grace series and I am obsessed with all of them and this one was just as good! If you're looking for a new book series to read I'd really recommend this one!

That's all for this haul but hopefully I'll be able to show some of the things I've been buying for the flat really soon, I hope you liked this post, thankyou for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik