Pages

Monday 21 March 2016

Collective Haul-Clothing, Lush & More ♡

I've got another haul today, it's a bit of a random one really, I went on a trip to Holland and also to London recently so I have a few bits from those trips and a few other bits and pieces and I thought I'd put them into a post.




I've been wanting to try the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette (£12.99) for so long now, I kept going into superdrug to try and find it but couldn't find it in any that I went into, so I decided to order it online instead, you get two sachets of their brush cleansing gel as well and I'm really excited to try this properly!
While I was in Amsterdam we went into a shop called Etos which I think is like their version of boots or superdrug, while in there I found their contour powder and it was exactly the shade I've been looking for! I've wanted a cool grey toned contour powder for ages and I love this one! It was only about €5 and I really hope you can get it in the UK somehow!



In the airport on the way back I decided to finally cave and buy the YSL Black Opium (£84) perfume, it's so expensive and it wasn't really much cheaper duty free but I went for it anyway, I got the 50ml EDP so it should hopefully last a while.
In London I went into boots because I wanted to try the new Maybelline Push Up Drama mascara (£7.99) and they had a 3 for 2 offer on so I also got my favourite Lash Sensational mascara (£7.99) and a Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold (£4.99) because I haven't actually tried these yet!


We were in London because my mum had arranged a makeover fashion shoot for my Christmas present, but I was so unorganised I didn't have any clothes to take with me so we went shopping before and I picked a few new bits up.


I've been really underwhelmed with a lot of clothes shops since about November time, but New Look is the one shop that I have quite liked, I've never really worn khaki/green before but loved these two tops from them! The top on the left is the Wrap Front Bell Sleeve Top (£17.99) and I thought it would look really pretty with some black leggings and ankle boots, it's a little dressier than I'd usually wear but it would be nice on a more casual night out. The Dip Hem T Shirt (£14.99) is a lot more casual but would look nice with some jeans and a jacket, and they are both light enough to wear in Summer, but also layer in colder weather.
I've been wanting a wooly striped jumper for ages and when I found this one for about £10 in the sale in H&M I fell for it straight away, it's so comfy and cosy, it's oversized but not too baggy and the sleeves are long enough that I can hide my hands in them (a bad habit but a comfy one) I don't think it's available anymore but if you see one you should try it on because it's so comfy!


Of course I couldn't go to London without a trip to Lush Oxford Street, they had a few exclusive products that I really wanted to try from the more recent collections, the product I was most excited to try was the Sunflower Bubble Bar, it was £4.95 but I think you can get a lot of baths out of this as it's so big! It smells very lemony thanks to the lemon oil and is unlike the other Lush scents I currently have.
One of my all time favourite Lush products is the Ultraviolet Bubble Bar (£4.95) it's the same sort of size as the Comforter so lasts ages, and contains violet, jasmine and rosewood, it smells like parma violet sweets, a little goes a long way so getting two was probably overkill but I always miss it when it's gone!
Another Bubble Bar from the Oxford Street exclusive range is Down the Rabbit Hole, it's another citrus scented product, though more orange than lemon it's a comforting scent and the colours in it are so pretty! This one is £3.95 and while it won't last as long as the others it should be good for a fair few baths.
While I was queuing I was distracted by the lip balms, while I love the lip scrubs I've never tried one of their lip balms so I thought I'd try the Honey Trap one (£6.75) it's minty honey scented lip balm, it contains honey and oatmeal among other moisturising ingredients, it's really thick and perfect for bed time.


I have a bad habit of breaking apple phone charger cables, but I've had one of the Skinny Dip Cord Cables (£16) for a while now and it's lasted really well so ordered a second one, they have a few different colours and if you have problems with your phone cable I really recommend these ones! While I was placing that order I also decided to get the Holographic Snakeskin case, I can't find the 5s one at the moment but I linked the same style in a different size, it reminds me of a mermaids tail and is so pretty!
I saw Lily Pebbles mention that she was on the cover of a magazine called Blogosphere and thought it sounded really interesting, it arrived really quickly too! I haven't actually read it yet but I will soon, it has lots of familiar faces in there so it's worth a look if it's something you're interested in.
I also bought Burnt Paper Sky by Gilly Macmillan after seeing someone mention it in a book review, I'm trying to avoid buying M.J Arlidge's new book on iBooks before getting the paperback so I'm distracting myself with other books, I'm excited to give this one a go.
Lastly I thought I'd mention these Holland & Barrett Vegan multivitamins, Gemma from HelloGemma said that these are the only supplements she takes and I thought I'd try them, I've been taking the Complete B Complex but wanted to try something different to see if they make any difference, I'm not vegan but I am vegetarian so I figured these would contain everything I need to supplement my diet, they were also buy one get one half price, Holland & Barrett's do usually have good deals on so it's always worth having a look.

That's it for my haul, it was a bit bigger than I was expecting so sorry if it was rambly! I'm probably not going to be buying so much over the next few months as I'm supposed to be saving to move out in the Summer, I am working on a home decorating wishlist though so hopefully that will be ready to be posted soon, if you have any recommendations on where to look that would be amazing! Preferably affordable, it's been quite daunting to see how expensive homewear can be!
Thankyou for reading♡

2 comments:

  1. I just got the Khaki Wrap Top from New Look it looks gorgeous on! I need to try some Maybelline mascara's.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so lovely isn't! not something I'd usually think I could wear but it's so nice! they are my favourite brand for mascaras :) xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik