Pages

Friday 10 June 2016

May Favourites 2016 ♡

I'm sorry that this post is late (again) but time seems to be escaping me lately and I actually struggled to pick out enough favourites for this month, it just didn't seem like enough but I'm determined to get one up each month so I forced myself to make the most of the few favourites I had.


I'll start with food..in an attempt to make myself eat and enjoy breakfast I started eating one of these New York Bakery Co Sesame Bagels with butter in the morning and I have actually started to look forward to breakfast which never happens! On a slightly less healthy note (if bagels and butter count as healthy) I've also had a slight obsession with crispy m&m's this month, as in I think I'm verging slightly on addiction with these, I really don't know what to say about them aside from that I love them and could eat them practically all day..no shame here!


I tried the Too Faced Hangover primer last month and have been really liking it, some primers tend to sit heavily on my skin and cause it to breakout but this one is lightweight and sits really nicely on my skin, meaning that my skin actually likes this one, I also find that the pump always gives the right amount of product so I don't waste any.
Another lightweight base product I've been loving has been the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude foundation, it has a beautiful look on the skin, you can build the coverage but it doesn't feel heavy or thick on the skin at all, perfect for Summer when you don't want too much makeup on your face.
Mac's pigment in Tan has been another favourite this month, it's a really pretty pinky bronze pigment that looks beautiful with a smoky eye, especially in the inner corner.
I had two lip favourites last month, I tried my first Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in the shade Kathryn, liquid lipsticks can sometimes be really drying but the formula of this one is really creamy and the colour is beautiful, I think it's actually the easiest to apply out of all my liquid lipsticks and I really wish they were easier to get hold of in the UK. My other lip favourite is the very popular Whirl lipstick by Mac, I hadn't even really looked at this before but when Tanya Burr wore it in one of her videos I fell in love with it, it's a beautiful colour, described as a dirty rose and looks really pretty, I really like the Mac mate formula, it's not too drying and tends to look flattering on the lips, it's probably not the right season for this sort of colour but I don't really mind, it's not like we get much of a Summer here in the UK anyway.

Tan, Kathryn & Whirl
Barry M came out with their new Molten Metals polish and the colour Copper Mine is the prettiest rose gold nail colour, Barry M are by far my favourite nail polish brand and this one definitely does not disappoint.
I also discovered the Garnier Skin active Oil Infused Micellar water, it makes removing eye makeup and liquid lipsticks so easy, and doesn't dry your skin like some other micellar waters can, I'd definitely recommend this if you tend to wear heavier eye makeup or makeup that can be more difficult to remove.
For a TV favourite I've actually really been enjoying watching Loose Women clips on youtube, they can be really interesting and I've become slightly addicted to watching them all the time, I've never been one for day time TV (Jeremy Kyle when revising for A levels not included) but I'm starting to think I've been missing out!
That's it for my May favourites, not too rambly I hope, I now officially have one week until I leave work and start to pack to move but let's face it, I don't really post regularly on here anyway so probably won't be missing much when I move, I'll hopefully be back soon though, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik