Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2016

February Favourites 2016 ♡

I know it's such a cliché, but how has February been and gone already? I feel as though I've blinked and missed it, but it was a pretty good month.
I have been trying to use what I have already instead of buying new things, in an effort to control my spending, so I don't really have lots of new favourites this month but I do have a few things that I've really enjoyed using.




I actually only have two bits of makeup to talk about this month, both of them being Urban Decay eyeshadows, I spent a week in Southampton visiting my boyfriend at the start of the month, but the eyeshadow palette that I took with me didn't have a very pigmented dark outer corner shade, so I went into Debenhams to look at Urban Decay (can't wait to move to the city so I can actually be near the counter) I was planning on getting Blackout as it's my favourite matte black eyeshadow, but I have it in two palettes already so went for Oil Slick (£14) instead, it's a charcoal black shade with silver micro glitter, it isn't the smoothest of shadows but it is so pretty! I have used it with so many different palettes, almost every time that I've done my makeup.
I've also been using the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (£38.50) a lot this month, particularly the grey shades with Oil Slick to create a really smokey grey eyeshadow look, it's a little different to what I usually go for but I love it! 


In my January favourites I mentioned that I'd been struggling with my skin, especially on my forehead, and that while the products that I spoke about in that post helped with my skin at the time, it did dry my skin out a lot, the Origins Make a Difference Plus Ultra Rich Cream (£35) it is quite pricey, and I definitely fell in the trap of House of Fraser not having the prices on display, but I was so desperate for something that would help my skin that I don't even care, I literally noticed a huge difference over night-and I'm not even over-over-exagerating, I woke up after using this the night before and even my boyfriend could tell a huge difference in my skin, I was so grateful!
Another couple of skin care items I've been very grateful for this month have been Lush Dream Cream (£6.25) and Bepanthen. I got a new tattoo at the very start of the month, and I feel as though through the trial and error of my previous tattoos I have found my dream combination in these two, I found that healing my new tattoo (photo here-another favourite!) was really easy, Bepanthen is best to use for the first couple of weeks, and then when the tattoo is less dry I start to use Dream Cream during the day on it, and end up just using Dream Cream.
I mentioned Lush Twilight Shower Gel in my Lush Spring Haul and it was unfortunately limited edition but I had to mention it as I have been addicted to using it, I have quite a lot of Lush shower gels but I've been kinda ignoring them because of this one, it's so comforting, and for a lavender scent I find it really easy to get on with which I usually don't.
I've been struggling to stick to one perfume this month, but one that I've been really enjoying wearing is the DKNY Golden Delicious perfume. This was actually the first "grown up" perfume I ever bought when I got my first part time job years ago, it's a really nice fruity floral scent and I've actually finished it this month and am considering re-purchasing it at some point as it's really nicely nostalgic for me. 


I've had my Frends Layla headphones (£129.95) for a while, but I've always been a little scared to use them too often because they were so expensive, but in February I started to use them a lot more and I'm kicking myself for being so silly before, for some reason I can't use normal earphones in my right ear (I must have a weird ear shape..is this just me?) and music sounds so much better when you have both ear phone sides in so these are perfect, I love the size of them as they sit comfortably on your ears and they are so pretty! You can also get them on amazon now so they are easier to get hold of, I struggled a couple of years ago when I was buying these.

I finished two books in February (I've been loving reading so much lately!) I got The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins from Greg for my birthday and finally got round to reading it, it's been quite hyped up and I can definitely see why, it feels very modern and I love that it's set in England as not many of the books that I read have been, it's really interesting and I'd really recommend it.
I also really liked reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, this book is by the author of Gone Girl, and if you liked that book you would probably like this, it's told from different perspectives, and different times, it's really interesting following the story and trying to work out what's going to happen, the film goes nicely with the book, it's got a very similar feel to Gone Girl which is one of my favourite films.

For TV this month I've been loving watching Gotham, I finished the first season and think I'm going to wait for the second to go on Netflix (unless it takes too long) it's based on the Batman comics, but it set while Bruce Wayne (Batman) is a young teenager, it's really cool seeing all of the different characters and how they are portrayed, I love Cat and Ed Nygma, and I have an on off liking for The Penguin as well.
I've also really been loving Gavin & Stacey, I watched it a little bit when it was originally on TV but I flew through all three series in the last week and a bit, the first two series, and the Christmas special are on netflix, and I watched the last series online. The episodes are only half an hour long so it's really easy to watch, it's a comedy so is really light hearted and I found that it really cheered me up while I was feeling quite down in the dumps, I love Smithy and Nessa but I also love that I love all of the characters, I kind of really wish they would make more episodes.

For music I've really been liking Deaf Havana's Fools and Worthless Liars album, I wouldn't usually listen to them but my tattoo artist had this album on and I had to buy it after, I especially love the songs Anemophobia, Hunstanton Pier and Little White Lies. I've also been listening to Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album which is an old but forever favourite, and a more up beat, pick me up song favourite song has been Better When I'm Dancing by Megan Trainor..and a few more bonus favourites have been Sia's and Adele's carpool karaoke with James Corden.

Thankyou if you managed to read to the end of this, I really wasn't planning on this being so long and rambly but I'm just glad I managed to actually write something!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik