Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Large Summer Haul-the emptying of a wishlist..

Over the past few weeks I've been buying quite a few things and more recently I've made a few bigger purchases, as a result I've managed to pretty much empty my wishlist and am now on a little spending ban, to be exact I'm on a spending ban until the 23rd June as that is when something rather exciting is happening, I'm getting so excited anyone would think christmas is round the corner and I can't wait to show you, it'll be on my instagram first if  you're interested ;)

for now, here's my first haul (I can't believe I haven't done one sooner!) it is collective, I didn't go and get this all in one go:

I bought the Sleek Del Mar palette for a work beach party, I'm normally not one for colour eyeshadows but the beautiful colours in this come across as almost pastel and are perfect for summer, and as it's limited edition I gave into temptation (£7.99)
As superdrug had a 3for2 on I did get a few items on that, the Tanya Burr Picnic in the Park lipgloss was an impulse addition but I actually think it's the favourite of the three I now own (£6.99) another impulse buy was the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine (5) lipstick pencil, it's a pretty colour for summer but I really wish that these had names! the last lip product is L'Oreal's Juliannes nude lipstick from their nude lip collection, it's a beautifully simple nude lip that I've been loving for work. (£8.19)
I got the L'Oreal superliner because my "trusty" bourjois one had dried up after one use and I'd heard good things about this one (£6.49) I wanted a matte loose powder and the only one I could find was the GOSH Prime & Set and figured something was better than nothing (£9.99The Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara is a third time repurchase as I'm running out of mine and thought I'd get one before the ban, I love it basically.(£6.99) I love Glamour magazine so picked it up, though I haven't even tried the eyeliner it came with, other than to swatch it, as I had such a bad experience with a black one I had a little while ago, I'll just link this blog post from Sandra (The Black Pearl Blog) as it sums it up perfectly.
L-R L'Oreal, Barry M, Tanya Burr, L'Oreal & Eyeko.
Two Lush purchases next, the D'Fluff shaving soap caught my eye when reading posts about the new products, it's a soapy shaving cream that smells amazing, I'm planning on reviewing it but want to wait a while first to get a better idea (75g-£5.75 150g-£9.95) Daddy-O is the first shampoo I've tried from lush but I wanted to try and take some of the red out of my hair so thought I'd give this a go (100g-£5.40 other sizes available)

A few "other bits" include the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water as I'd heard many good reviews and figured it'd save me using makeup wipes (currently on offer-£3.32, usually £4.99) I thought I'd try the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub as it smells amazing and I've been getting dry skin/eczema on my legs and never exfoliate, and it smells incredible, maple syrup anyone? (£8) I needed a nail varnish as I was left without one and dodgy nails at the boyfriends house and found this maybelline one quite cheap in asda it's called Lavender Lies (£2.99) Seeing on instagram that LVNDR had restocked their floral headbands made me very happy so I ordered the lilac one and love it, it's adorable! (£2.99)
Onto the big stuff now, I finally caved and bought Nars Deep Throat as Space NK had free delivery which meant saving about £5, it's stunning and I'm so happy with it! (£22.50) I also bought Benefit Hoola on depop for less than a tenner, the girl I bought it from was lovely, her username is @milliegrace but I can't find an online link for some reason. I am so excited to finally have the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, house of fraser had 10% off so I took the opportunity and love it so far! (£37)

sorry about the picture, it's the one I took for instagram as I was at the boyfriends and it was dark when I got home.
I ended up finishing work early today so despite being on a ban I picked up a couple of cheeky purchases, the two Yankee Candles, Margarita Time & Summer Scoop  were buy one get one half price in clintons and as I only have "winter candles" I thought they would be better to burn in the Summer. The Top Shop lipstick is called Red Lippy and is for the red lippy project for cervical cancer, it's £8 and 30% of profits go to charity, I'll be posting about it soon. 
That's it for my rather large haul, follow my instagram for the exciting "thing" I'm so excited that it's just over a week away but so nervous too, if you've used any of these products let me know below as opinions are always welcome and I hope you're enjoying the weather.
Thanks, Yazmine xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik