Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

my mac lipstick collection-bloggers do it better!

Mac lipsticks are one of those makeup products that most, if not all, beauty lovers have lusted after at some point. I find that if I'm looking for a particular colour/finish then mac is the brand to come to, though I do have to be careful as I don't have a mac store near me and ordering online can be a risk. Regardless of cautionary purchasing and the rise in price since my  first purchase (£13-£15..not a lot but why?) I've built a collection that I'm rather happy with.







Lovelorn-a purchase influenced by my best friend, I like how it looks nice in spring and summer though and with it being a lustre finish I feel comfortable wearing it.
Snob-the one lipstick that I'm certain doesn't work for me, it's my only satin formula and really doesn't look right with my skin/hair colour, I'm gutted that it doesn't work for me but I love it on other people.
Modesty-this is the best nude for me for summer and I love it, it's a cremesheen and I don't always get on with the formula as sometimes it can feel a little thick but it's a pretty nude, this is one of only two of my mac lipsticks that I tried in store first and the mac lady was lovely in helping me choose a nude lip.
Fanfare-a pretty pink, again a cremesheen, I seem to prefer this in autumnal times for some reason.
L-R lovelorn, snob, modesty, fanfare.



See Sheer-my first ever mac lipstick, as you can probably tell, it's a really pretty reddish coral that is beautiful, it's a lustre so is a great way to try a more red lip without committing to bright colours, it's truly beautiful.
Ladybug-my newest mac lipstick and similar to see sheer, again a lustre but more red than coral, it's a more perfect way of trying a red lip without going bold, I've been loving it layered with a coral lip pencil that I'll show in a moment.
Ruby Woo-a very popular shade, and a very bold one, it's a vibrant matte red and can be a little drying on the lips, it's a classic red and is stunning.
L-R see sheer, lady bug, ruby woo.

Neon Orange-this is a pro colour and was the first colour I had my eye on, eventually tracking it down in a CCO store, it's a very bold, neon orange and not for the faint hearted, I definitely need to be in the mood to wear this but I love it so much, it's an amplified finish with just adds to it's vibrancy.
Glamourdaze-this is my only "collection" lipstick from the glamourdaze winter collection ages ago, it's very wintery and pretty in an almost vampy way, again it's cremesheen making it lovely for the colder months.
L-R neon orange, glamourdaze
I thought I may as well include lip pencils as there are only two..
Cherry-as I knew my best friend was getting me ruby woo for christmas a couple of years ago I put this on my list as well and my dad got me two bless him, it's a really nice red colour that goes well with ruby woo but also other red lipsticks, prolonging the wear and intensifying the colour, I also liked using this under my rimmel 107 to make it more red.
Lasting Sensation-I was hoping that this would be more pink but it looks nice under orangey coral colours, I liked using it under lady bug recently.
top-bottom lasting sensation, cherry.
That's it for my mac lipstick collection, let me know what you think of these or if you have any recommendations for me as they would be much appreciated. Thankyou for reading :)

6 comments:

  1. That's a shame about snob I have had my eye on it a while but don't know if it would suit me! Great post

    Gemma xx
    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :/ I guess it's one you need to check in store first, thankyou :') xx

      Delete
  2. I don't use a lot of Mac products, or lipstick seeing as that is something that doesn't really suite me, but you have some nice colours here! I think you've got a lovely collection <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/06/musical-madness-halycon-days-ellie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they have shades that will suit you :') thankyou :') x

      Delete
  3. You've got an amazing collection (much better than mine, which only consists of two!). I've never heard of neon orange, but I think it may be my favourite of yours, but I can see what you mean about having to be in the right mood, it's a bit of a bright colour xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thankyou! it's in the pro range now here http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/8680/310/Pro-Products/Lips/Lipstick/index.tmpl but it really is a bold colour, I used to use it to influence confidence in myself I think xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik