Pages

Sunday 31 July 2016

July Favourites 2016 ♡

July has been such a long month, I moved down to Southampton a few weeks ago and have been finding my feet since, I have a few ideas for home decor posts so I'll be working on those but for now, it's July favourites time.


I tried the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation (CF) this month and despite being underwhelmed at first (I have a bad habit of expecting perfection from foundations and concealers) I have grown to love it, it's buildable so that you can get the coverage you want. I find that when I use this foundation my skin looks fresh but not cakey, it looks lovely and I'm really tempted to try the Naked Skin concealer now as well. 
In my last post I reviewed the Sleek Solstice Highlight palette (CF?) and I love it,  particularly the shades Equinox and Hemisphere, they both look stunning on the cheek bones, and Equinox looks amazing on other highlight areas too, they are nicely pigmented so you don't need a lot, they definitely pack a punch and I actually haven't used my beloved champagne pop since I've had this palette, and to make it even better it's really affordable.


I just realised that I actually mentioned the Lime Crime Venus palette (CF) in my June favourites..oops..but I guess it shows I really like it? For the first week or so after I moved I just used whatever palette I could grab but wasn't really happy with any of the makeup looks, so I went back to using this and my eyelids are now happy again, I love the looks you can put together with this palette and am planning a review of it soon.
I've been liking this NYX Matte Liquid Liner (CF) despite usually struggling with this type of applicator, this one is more sturdy than others I've tried, it stays put all day and is really affordable.


Another two liquid lipstick favourites this month, I'm kind of obsessed with them and lately it's been these two in particular. Tanya Burr released her new soft luxe line recently and this Martha Moo Matte Lip (CF?)  really stood out to me, the colour is really pretty and the formula is creamy and lasts really well, I hope she brings more shades out in this line because I'd love to try more. 
For a darker shade I've been really liking the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (CF), I've been wanting this shade for so long and finally bought it on depop, they are releasing Kat Von D products in Debenhams soon so I'm so excited for that! I don't really know what else there is to say about liquid lipsticks, I always seem to repeat myself but this one is definitely one to look out for when it comes to the UK.

top to bottom- NYX liner, Lolita, Martha Moo-sleek equinox on right
venus palette-muse venus &aura,sleek ecliptic& hemisphere 
While I was packing to move I got into watching Cuckoo on netflix and iPlayer, it's another BBC British comedy which I've really been getting into lately, I love Greg Davies and Tyger Drew Honey but to be honest I got to love all of the actors, if you're looking for something new to watch I'd definitely give it a go. 
Once I moved we didn't have any internet for a couple of weeks so I bought a few seasons of CSI quite cheap and have been addicted, I've loved watching the show since I was younger and really want to watch the New York ones too, is is bad that the whole murder/CSI thing really interests me? I think if I were to train to do anything it would be to be a crime scene detective..or a makeup artist, possibly weird..


I've had Me Before You for at least a year but never got a chance to read it, then I heard all the hype when the film came out so gave it a a go and I'd definitely recommend you read it if you haven't. I still need to see the film but the book was so beautifully mundane and frustrating..in a good way, I fell for the characters and after seeing which actors are playing them I'm now so excited to see the film, even though I'm secretly hoping the ending changes in the film. 
I forgot to take a picture of it but while we had no internet I really got into playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, I've never really been a games console person but this game was really fun, I've played Tomb Raider in the past but this game is so much better than the older ones, I'm so excited for the next one to come out, I am playing the game that came before this one and it's not as addictive but it's nice to do something that isn't on the internet.

So that's it for my July favourites, it's been a pretty crazy month and I'm still getting settled in in the new flat, hopefully soon I'll have a new job..mostly because there are a few releases coming up that I really want..but I'm also bored out of my mind.
Thankyou for reading ♡

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the favourites. Might have to watch CSI and I need to try the Kat Von D liquid lipstick.

    Rebecca x

    www.withinthepassion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so addictive! and you definitely should, I'm so excited for Kat Von D to come out in the UK xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik