Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

my 2014 bucketlist update ♥ #bloggersdoitbetter

Back in the end of January I decided that I was going to make a bucketlist for the year, I have a general one for the rest of my life but I wanted this to be a year that I worked on things and achieved things.
As it's now more than halfway through the year I figured now was as good a time as ever to revisit my 2014 bucketlist and see what I've achieved, what I'm working on and what I need to start working on.
Be Happy-This was an important one as for the past few years I've struggled with being positive, this is something I need to work on still but I think generally I am a much happier person.
Start Driving-This one I am kicking myself for, I am yet to book my first lesson, or to look in my theory book, I have been paying more attention when my boyfriend is driving, and asking people questions but as soon as he starts talking about revs and breaking points (?) my brain switches off and I have an internal painc, definitely one I need to get a move on with.
Be More Fearless-This is one I feel like I have taken baby steps with, I've forced myself to say yes to more experiences and have been so happy that I have. Last week I made myself go to a team water sport day with work and had an amazing time, I was so scared to go on the inflatable ride things but I had so much fun and am definitely glad  I made myself go (with some enforcing from friends)
water sport day
Get Bar Trained-I have been working for Revolution (now Rift & Co) for about 9/10 months now, and most of that I have spent working on the floor glass collecting, as much as I like working as part of the floor team the natural progression is to move onto bar, I've been avoiding it for so long but about a month ago I finally had my first shift on bar, yes I sometimes get nervous-I want to cry if someone orders a San Miguel (I can never pour it properly!) and still dread cocktails but it's fun and I'm so glad I finally asked.
Get a Tattoo-Finally one I've finished properly! A while ago I asked a friend to draw a design for me based on an idea I've had for forever, then after a few weeks of trying to get appointments me and my boyfriend went in and got a tattoo each, it really didn't bother me at all, I liked the experience and am so excited to get more when I get round to it!
my first ever tattoo the day I got it done.
Get Better With Makeup-This one feels odd to put in as I think that people tend to always improve with makeup the more they do it. I've been trying a few more things and branching out with my makeup so I suppose that counts.
More Confidence/Less Shy-This was a big one for me as I have been shy for as long as I can remember, and have been using it as a kind of barrier and excuse, I feel like I am improving as I have made more friends at work and people there have certainly helped bring me out of my shell, they are amazing.
Do Something Special-I'm not entirely sure what I was looking for here, I would possibly count the water sport day as special but I don't know, I'm hoping something even more special will come along.
Plan For The Future-This is another big one, since I was due to leave year 11 at school I've been umming and ahhing about what it is I want to do with my life, the inevitable process of growing up has been looming over me and I'm being dragged kicking and screaming (metaphorically...) into adulthood. I know roughly what I would like in life, it's just a case of working out the details, for now though I have another 7ish months of my apprenticeship to get through, then I can sort the rest out.
Read More-This one was one I knew for sure I wanted to do, my first post on here was actually about me wanting to read at least 20 books this year (post here) having an iPad and iBooks has definitely helped but more recently I've also been loving a good old paper back, I've been reading a lot on the bus to and from work as well as in my breaks, I think I've read about 7 books so far, so almost half way through at the midpoint of the year which isn't too bad.
So other than needing to book that first driving lesson I think I'm doing fairly well so far, I'm feeling pretty good about how the years gone, this time last year I was reluctant to get a full time job, making the most out of the freedom I still had, making memories and enjoying life, I'm now working a full time and part time job and making the most of days off. As much as I'm enjoying this year I'm definitely looking forward to next year, finishing my apprenticeship and working out what to do next.
Sorry if this post is a bit rambly and odd, when I saw the topic of this bloggers do it better challenge I knew that it was a chance for me to 

2 comments:

  1. That's a huge bucket list you have there but I can see you are able to pick out the things that matter more in life, like personal growth. Good luck with deciding what to do with your life, I turned 42 yesterday and I still don't know what to do with mine ;) but one thing I'm sure of, I want to be happy. The only point I share with you on my bucket list is to read more, I set myself a goal of reading 52 books by the end of the year, hopefully it won't be too much. I'm a bit bored of all the dystopian series but so far I'm doing good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, as long as I'm happy I'm not too fussed but it would be nice to have an idea :') 52 is a lot, I definitely wouldn't manage that but fair play :')

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik