Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Red Lippy Project.

After reading just one blog post about this lipstick I knew I had to have it, I have one other Top Shop lipstick and love it and this one just seemed special. It may look like any other red lipstick but Red Lippy is being sold to raise awareness and money for cervical cancer.
I love Top Shop's lipstick packaging and this one is still adorable but in a very fitting red colour.  The rest of the packaging is the same as usual but still very cute and secure, with the satisfying *click* when you close it.

The lipstick itself is a stunning pillar box red, not a colour I already owned so I am very happy to have this one, it's a bold colour but with the right occasion it's one that I think most could pull off, I find Top Shop lipsticks very comfortable to wear but as this one is so bright I do find myself checking it every so often. 
As with any red lip I find it best to wear this with a lip liner, I love mac's cherry, and to take time and care when applying, with checks after eating, as I mentioned this isn't like any other red I own but that may not be the same for everyone, though the charity aspect is surely a reason to check it out anyway.
The first swatch here (L-R) is one swipe of Red Lippy, the second is another swipe and the third is mac's Ruby Woo-one of my favourite red lipsticks. As you can see Red Lippy is more glossy and smooth looking than Ruby Woo's retro matte formula, and with the mac costing £15 and Red Lippy just £8 I would honestly recommend it.
Now this post can't really just be about the lipstick, the reason I'm writing about this late (the awareness week was almost a month ago) is because the lipstick is still available (here) for £8 with 30% of profits going to the Red Lippy Project.
The Red Lippy Project was set up to raise awareness of the importance of women having a smear test done, a simple test that really could save lives. I've never like the idea of having a test done myself, and while I'm not yet at the age they advise for you to have one done the project has definitely helped change my mind. The following statistics are from the Red Lippy Project website, they got me thinking and I'm hoping they will do the same for at least someone:
In 2012 only 32% of 25-39 year olds visited their GP's to have a test.
In one year alone the screening process saved over 4000 women from cervical cancer.
20% of eligible women women fail to attend screening when invited.
There were 2900 new cases of cervical cancer diagnosed in 2010, about 8 women every day.
Screening saves around 5000 lives each year in the UK.
Since the introduction of screening rates of cervical cancer have almost halved.
All women between 25-64 are eligible for testing in England, in the rest of the UK it's as young as 20.
The smear test is done by a GP or nurse. It's safe and sterile, has little complications and shouldn't hurt.
I don't want to carry on talking away, I just wanted to make this post informative as well as about a pretty lipstick, I would definitely recommend the lipstick, and checking out the project, I'll leave some links below as well.
Thankyou so much for reading, if you've tried this lipstick, or can recommend any others then please do.
Thankyou.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik