Pages

Tuesday 20 June 2017

May Favourites 2017♡

I've been kicking myself that I keep putting my favourites posts so late but I kind of just write these for me anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter, I am trying to put more time into this but for now, I'm happy just doing it my way.

With the warmer weather I've been preferring using the Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done, it's described as a hybrid complexion perfector which I'm not entirely sure the meaning of but it's got a lighter coverage and isn't heavy on the skin, it's been really nice not having the cakey foundation feeling. Where I'm using a lighter coverage on my face I do sometimes need a bit of help in some areas where I do need more coverage and the Nars Soft Matte Concealer has been perfect for that, it isn't heavy on the skin but adds more coverage where I need it.
The new Too Faces Blinded by the Light highlight is so pretty it was basically the only one I used in May, it gives a really pretty glow but has a soft finish which was great for Summery looks.

I had to get the Sleek Vintage Romance palette after seeing Gabby from Velvet Ghost using it in a tutorial, I love the pinky purple colours, initially I thought this wouldn't work well in the Summer but after using it for a while I think it might just be one of those palettes that could work all of the time.
The Jeffree Star Androgyny liquid lipstick has been a huge favourite recently, the colour is so pretty and the formula is so much better than the other shades that I've used.
top-bottom: Sleek eyeshadows, Too Faced Gloss & Jeffree Star lipstick
Other than Androgyny I've actually gone off of liquid lipsticks lately, they are so drying on the lips that I've actually started wearing lip gloss a lot more and my favourite is definitely the Too Faced Sweet Peach gloss in Papa Don't Peach, I usually can't wear peach tones on my lips but this one leans more nude so looks really pretty alone or layered over nude/ pink lipsticks.


I got a new tattoo done in May and Lush's Dream Cream was a lifesaver, I don't really like using the nappy cream people say to use as it's so thick and sticky but Dream Cream is a really good alternative, it sinks in much quicker and is really refreshing, it contains oat milk which is great for dry skin, it's also really good for eczema as well.
As I can't wear bright or bold nail polish for work these two China Glaze polishes have been my go-to nail look, They are Beach Beige and Fairy Dust and together they look so cute, you really can't see it in these photos but Fairy Dust is a really pretty sparkly silver based glitter but it reflects almost holographic but over the top of Beach Beige it just adds a nice sparkle.
I still haven't actually finished Into the Water by Paula Hawkins but I have really enjoyed what I've read so far, like Girl on the Train it keeps you hooked and I find it really interesting seeing the story and the characters develop.
The adorable Baby Groot had to make this favourites, I saw both Guardian's of the Galaxy for the first time in May and while I loved the second one Baby Groot was my favourite part of both of them, he's so funny and adorable and he just makes me so happy..is that strange? Whether it is or not I now have a keyring and a pop funky figure of him and I don't think the love is going anytime soon.
It's slightly annoying me that I can't remember whether I saw Fast and Furious 8 in May or June but I'm going to mention it now just in case, I never in a million years thought I'd like these films but they are such a non-guilty pleasure of mine, this one was so cool and I loved everything about it!
With TV Pretty Little Liars has made a comeback and while a lot of people are tired of but I'm actually really liking the new series, it's a bit annoying in places but I'm going to be so gutted when it's finally finished.
I started to watch The Vampire Diaries again last month and am obsessed again, I used to watch it years ago but now it's on Netflix it's so much easier to watch and it's so good!
 The last thing I wanted to talk about is the crystals in the last photo, in May I was travelling to Bath to work quite a bit but there's a really cool crystal stall that's been there quite a few times and I've picked up these in a few visits, I'm not entirely sure what they all are so I need to do some research but I absolutely love them.
I've said it before but the quality of my photos is really annoying me lately and I do really want to try a new camera but for now, this will have to do, sorry if it's annoying.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post
Thanks for reading♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik