Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

Current Favourites ♡

I made it my goal to do a favourites post every month this year, but somewhere along the way life got in the way and I definitely failed, I've decided instead to just do current favourites every so often when I have a collection of things instead, 


When I saw the release photos of the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette it was love at first sight, the colours are all stunning and I get so much use out of it, I feel like it's perfect for all year round and there isn't a single shadow I don't find myself using.
For most of the Summer I was loving putting a pop of bright colour under my lower lash line, and the Urban Decay Dive Bar shadow was my go to do that with, it's a gorgeous periwinkle blue with a violet sheeny shift, it brightens up under the eyes and is something a bit different to what I'm used to.
Last Urban Decay product I promise but the Heavy Metal liquid liner in ACDC, it's a super pretty purple with silver glitter and I use it instead of black liner on my lid and it opens and brightens up my eyes more than normal liner, because it isn't heavily coloured it goes with any eyeshadow look and it's really easy to layer to get a stronger glitter look.
Since I dyed my hair lighter I've been using bronzer to bring more colour to my face and The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in shade 3 has been the best for that, it's matte and not too orange or dark, and blends out really well so that you can really control the colour and intensity, bronzer normally scares me a little but this one is really natural and easy to use.

The Anastasia Riviera highlighter is such a pretty rose gold colour, it's been great for Summer and I'm hoping it transitions well into Autumn/Winter, I wish they would bring out more colours of this as the formula is one of my favourites.
This rose coloured Barry M lip liner has been great to use under lip colours that are too peachy for my skin, it's meant that I can actually wear colours that would usually have not looked right on me, such as the Ofra liquid lipstick in Bel-Air, I love the colour when it's layered over the lipliner so much, the formula is really nice for a liquid lipstick and I'd like to try more of them.
Anastasia Staunch matte lipstick has been my most used lipstick for the past month or so, it's actually really got me back into using lipsticks over liquid lipsticks again, it's really creamy and comfortable to wear but lasts well too, I definitely want to try more of these at some point.
I've been loving Oh Wonder for a while now but their newest album Ultralife is such a favourite lately! I find that listening to it really cheers me up but it also helps if I'm feeling anxious which is amazing, I have it on my phone as well but I wanted to show the vinyl as I love the grey and blue design, if you haven't heard of them before you should definitely give them a listen.
I'm really trying to focus more on my skincare at the moment, I haven't got a proper routine yet and my skin is going a little crazy but one thing I find that always helps is the Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Cleansing Pads, if my skin is having a freakout, either with a rash, bumps blemishes or anything these tend to clear it up really quickly, I always feel the need to have them in my bathroom just in case as they really do help me out a lot, another thing that I think helped with a stress rash I had on my face recently is the Lush Coalface soap, before I had this I wasn't really using much skincare in the morning but I make an effort to use this everyday before applying makeup and it's made quite a big difference in my skin, it's stopped acting up too much and is helping me start to develop a routine in the morning with my skin care.
The Body Shop Skin Defence SPF 50 Moisturiser is another thing I've been making an effort with to use daily, I've read a bit about sun damage over the Summer and it's really made me more conscious about protecting my face as well as my body, I just pop this on before makeup and to be honest I don't find it all that moisturising so I can usually move straight on to using my primer without having to wait for it to sink in.
I think a sure sign that you really love a product is that you feel the need to replace it straight away when you notice it's missing, and that's definitely how I feel about my Body Shop Hemp Lip Balm, I'm now on my third tube simply because I keep misplacing it and feeling like I can't be without it, my lips are constantly dry from using lipstick all the time but using this whenever I have bare lips really seems to make a difference.
My Summer scent has definitely been the Zoella Gelat-Eau body spray, it's so fresh and uplifting I've been loving it for everyday use at work, I'm also really excited to see what her new Christmas fragrance is like when it releases but I can't quite believe it's time for that already!
Back to Summer for my final favourite and it's my Coconut Lane sunglasses, These are the Rio sunglasses in Rose Gold and I've worn them so much and received so many compliments on them, I've had pink hair for most of the Summer so I've been quite matchy but I really have been loving them (you can also receive 20% off if you use my code Ditsy20)

I was also going to mention a few TV/Netflix/Movie favourites but this post is so long already so I might do another one for them, I hope I haven't rambled on too much-sorry if I have.
Thank you for reading ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik