Pages

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bloggers Do It Better-Bright and Neutral (week 3)

I completely missed the second #bloggersdoitbetter post due to an insane amount of work over the Easter period and lack of inspiration for the actual post but when I saw the title of the third post I already knew what I wanted to write about.
I'm one of those people that tends to hide away from bright makeup, I'll pop a bright lip on every now and then but other than that I'm definitely not brave enough, recently though, the last year or so, I've been trying to inject just a little bit of colour into my neutral looks, creating a balance that looks fresh but still every day appropriate-though my "everyday appropriate" is ever changing, in my school a smokey eye for sixth form was pretty much unheard of so I looked a bit odd possibly?

Anyway, I wanted to mention a few brands/products that do bright and neutral very well indeed.
Sleek had to be in here didn't they really, head to a sleek stand and you'll rarely be disappointed, while this is the only eye palette of theirs I own the blushers always excite me and the quality is amazing, here I've pictured The Original eye palette, and the blush in flamingo (the brightest pink blush I own..a light hand is essential)
Urban Decay have the neutral/bright balance on point and while I don't own any of their brighter offerings I do love both the basics and naked 2 palettes, their eyeshadows are the best and the new electric palette looks incredible.
Mac aren't a brand that I usually associate with colour for some reason but if you have any lipstick or eyeshadow colour in mind chances are they have it, I love the Neon Orange lipstick (pictured) and it was rarely off of my lips last year.
I had to mention this Collection felt tip eyeliner in blue, I used it for a circus look for work a while ago and it added a beautiful pop of colour and was so long lasting I was forced to wear eyeliner for days to hide the faint blue tinge on my eyelids, it's insane and so cheap!
The only Maybelline lipstick I own but I had to feature it as it's the brightest pink I feel I can get away with, they have a selection of bright and nude lipsticks to look at and I've been tempted by a few :')
I don't have many barry m makeup items, I love the gelly nail varnishes but the makeup hasn't tempted me enough but if it's bright you're after then just keep an eye out for the bright pink stands and you won't be disappointed.
The last product I want to mention is these Katy Perry Eyelure colour pop lashes, I love the whole range but these colour ones (I have blue) are designed to make your eye colour stand out, the packaging explains which colour works best for which eye colour but they are perfect for a night out and look stunning.
Top-Bottom-Collection eyeliner, sleek flamingo, a few sleek eyeshadow shades, maybelline fushia flash and mac neon orange.
I'm so sorry these pictures have come out a bit blurry, not sure what happened, and I also apologise if this post was a bit rambly/not well put together but I'm still recovering from a hectic/insane weekend (30 hours work in two days anyone?) but really wanted to take part in the third part of the Bloggers Do it Better challenge, hopefully my next one will be better?
To end the post here's a photo of my attempt to balance neutrals and brights, something I'm going to do more of when the British weather brightens up a little :)

Thanks for reading, Yazmine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik