Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

April Favourites-makeup, films, apps and more

I can't believe I haven't actually posted a monthly favourites yet, they are some of my favourite posts to read and videos to watch, I love them and so it's about time I wrote my own, this is a long post but I really hope that it's worth it, I think it is ;)

For eyes I've used the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette every day, it's full of easy to use, every day eyeshadows, my favourites in particular are W.O.S, Naked 2 and Faint (the three before the darkest shade) and my two favourite looks are a light smokey eye using the three shades mentioned above and also on days I want a more simple yet smokier-ish look I just use faint on the lid and blend the edges out slightly with naked 2.
Also for the eyes, kind of, I've been using the Maybelline Brow drama to keep my eyebrows in place, I know many people haven't seemed to get on with this but I like it and it's much cheaper than the new benefit alternative, I still fill my brows in with my HD brows kit but then use this to set them.
For over a month now the only blush/cheek combo I've been using is the Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop and the newest version of the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Stereo Rose.
While I love peach pop I've found it to be quite sheer and my usual blush brush doesn't transfer it well so I've been using my RT Expert Face Brush to apply it and then the RT Blush Brush to apply stereo rose on top as a kind of blush top coat, it adds a beautiful glow and makes me look more awake which I've certainly been needing while adjusting to waking up for work every morning.
Another Combo I've been loving this month is the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in 9 Caress Pink/Pink Caress and Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Aurora. I love them both alone and together, they are beautiful and last a while too, I top them up in my breaks but they are lovely.
L-R Aurora, YSL, Stereo Rose, Peach Pop, Faint, Naked 2, W.O.S

Three films that I've seen and loved this month have been Divergent, The hobbit-The Desolation of Smaug and The Host.
I love the Divergent trilogy (though still need to finish reading Allegiant) and the film was so good! I saw it in the cinema on a double date with my best friend, her boyfriend and mine and while both me and her were over the moon my boyfriend was less impressed, but I think he was just being grumpy about the fact that it wasn't more action packed. As I read the book so long ago the film refreshed my memory and I don't really know what more to day, it was amazing.
I bought the hobbit for the boyfriend as we both hadn't seen it yet and it was so good, the lady elf (I can't seem to remember their names) is definitely one of my favourite characters, along with Kili, and Ed Sheeran's I See Fire is perfection along with it.
The Host is a bit older but I avoided it after not finishing the book, I found it far too long and like trying to wade through mud, I attempted to read it again about a year ago after failing years before and just couldn't do it, the film however condenses the story very well and I got to grips with the characters much better, my only gripe with it is that Stephanie Mayer has for some reason decided she can't be bothered to finish the trilogy so it looks like we'll be left with just one film that could have led to two more just as good as it.

TV wise I have to mention The Valleys as it ended not so long ago and it has been a guily pleasure of both mine and Greg's-though he's less like to admit it, I love Carley and found that this series was one to totally reverse opinions of almost everyone, Jenna, Nat and Lateesha especially (I used to dislike Nat and Lateesha so much but love them now)

I also read and loved Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher this month and a review of that will be going up on Sunday, I can't get the story out of my head and while I am upset with how it ended (totally had my heart set on the wrong character) it was written very well and  I would definitely recommend it.

I felt I had to add some music favourites for the month so will leave the youtube links for them so you can listen for yourself
Iron Sky-Paolo Nutini, why he didn't release this one first is beyond me but this song is powerful and strong and I am obsessed, as is my boyfriend and my dad, featuring a quote from Charlie Chaplain it's just incredible
Hideway-Kiesza, I love hearing this song come on the radio at work, it's catchy and will be great for summer
Drunk in Love-Beyonce, pleaseee don't send the Beyonce fans after me but I've never really been that fussed by her, yes she's a huge star and is stunning but this is the first song of hers that I've actually been a big fan of, working in a club I tend to hear certain songs over and over but this is one that I can't see myself tiring of soon.

One last favourite I promise but I have to mention an app by the very talented Dana from Wonder Forest, she's made a couple of apps and a game for apple (as far as I know they are only available on IOS, the latest one at least) DoodleSnap is her newest creation and I have fallen in love with it, you use it to add cute little doodles to your pictures (I used some of them on the makeup photos above) and then you can share them to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other places. The app itself is free but there are other "packages" you can buy inside it with other doodles-I've bought two so far and for 69pence each they are lovely ways to add a little extra to your pictures, use the #DoodleSnap too to share them-that sounds so sponsored but it isn't in anyway, I just love it-go to my instagram to see some examples :)

that's it for my very long and rambly favourites, if you have done a favourites post or video please leave a link below as I love looking at them, I hope you've had a lovely April and have an even better May!
Yazmine xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik