Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

Glossybox Sept '14-second chances and a little update..

I haven't been subscribed to Glossybox for well over a year, since I had my old blog, and I remember that back then there was a lot of bad reviews of the brand going around, I was never that unimpressed by the boxes that I had but it did get to the point where I couldn't justify getting them as I was on less money and it really was a gamble each month, recently however they seem to have upped their game so I decided to try it out again.

The main reason for me resubscribing was the design of the September box, not even the theme..just the design. This month Glossybox teamed up with Karen Millen (I think this was to link in with London Fashion Week but I could be wrong..) I love London so when I saw the box I got so excited!
How lovely is it?! I love the watercolour effect with all of the London landmarks, it's gorgeous and definitely one I'll be saving (I've used all of my old boxes for makeup storage but I can't bring myself to hide this one away)


The box contained 5 products, three of which were full sized and one may well have been, and the total worth for this box is just under £50..which as it doesn't even cost £15 to buy is amazing!
Not all boxes contained exactly the same products but this is what I received:
ModelCo More Brows Fibre Gel (full sized, £14.95
This may not quite be the right shade for my eyebrows but you can't really tell, it really reminds me of the benefit gimme brow which has been tempting me so much lately so this was such a good way of curbing that desire.
L'Oreal Professionnnel Mythic Oil (45ml, full size is £15.95 for 125ml)
 I genuinely thought this was full sized until I read the card from the box, I don't blow dry my hair but have been trying this when my hair is partly dried, I have been trying to be careful with my hair lately but this does make it feel nice.
GOSH Cosmetics Silky Cream Blusher in 01 Tropical Breeze (full sized, £6.99)
This colour may not be for everyone but I think that it would have looked so nice in summer, just a shame it's a little late, it's a gorgeous colour and seems to be more wearable than you'd first think.
Nails inc Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat (full sized, £12)
I was excited to receive this as I love matte nails in autumn and winter so this will be perfect for transforming any colour into a beautiful matte colour.
SkinPep Enzyme and Acid Peel and peeling Gel (sample sizes worth £3.05 each for mask and £6.99 for the eye cream, full sizes are £89.99 for 180ml and £44.99 for 15ml)
This is one sample I haven't tried as I'm so scared as they are so expensive! I've been wanting to try an enzyme/acid peel mask for a while so I am excited to try it but they are insanely pricey!

So..if you can't tell already I was really very impressed by this months Glossybox, unfortunately it is now sold out but next months is also a special themed box with a very colourful Pop Art inspired, it is just £10+p&p and promises to be worth £50 including a full sized Nuxe product, I'm planning on keeping my subscription for a few months to see how I like it but you can choose different length subscriptions available.
I hope you enjoyed this post, it's been so long since I've blogged but things have been so busy with work and I've been feeling ill for weeks now so it's been hectic, I'm going to try and blog more but I have a feeling that works going to be getting even crazier now, it's 1am and I have work at 10 until 6ish, and then work again at 11pm which on a pay weekend is going to be hell, especially feeling ill..wish me luck?! also my boyfriend has gone away today for 10 days on his first army training session so I'll probably have more alone time to actually try to blog, I'm definitely going to try for a September favourites :)
Thankyou for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik