Pages

Saturday 14 November 2015

Lush Review-Soft Skin for Winter.

When the weather starts to get cooler my skin tends to panic a little, I get dry patches and it can just get really tight and itchy, I know most brands have products designed to combat this issue but because I get eczema on and off I have to be a little more careful about what I am putting on my skin.
This year Lush have released two items into their Christmas range that I've found really helpful, and I really want to share them with you.




Salt and Peppermint Bark (£5.95-130g)
"Bark the herald angels sing, sea salt will give soft, scrubbed skin. In tempting bark you should confide. Peppermint oil is packed inside! This little American beauty if packed full of Fair Trade organic cocoa and cupuacu butter to deliver star-spangled softening and scrubbing to your skin!"-Lush website.
I've tried a few body scrubs this year, in the hopes of finding the best one, and it's just my luck that this is the one, but it's limited edition (please make this permanent Lush!) With this you simply rub it over your skin until you feel it's soft enough, then leave on the side to dry out and use again next time. I love the smell of this, I really wish Lush would make more minty scented products, and the fact that it's solid. With typical scrubs that come in tubs that you have to scoop out I find that a lot of the time I end up wasting product because it's so difficult not to drop them. 
With this there is no wastage, it's easy to use and really feels like it works.
I know that lush do a few other solid scrubs and I think I might try The Rough With the Smooth next as it's scented the same as Lord of Misrule which is another of my favourite Lush scents. 
If you're struggling to find a body scrub that works for you I'd really recommend you try this one, and  I've got quite a few uses out of it so far and I still have a lot left (and another bar because I've already repurchased it) 


Christingle Body Conditioner (£16.50-225g)
Who will top the Christmas tingles chart? With peppermint and menthol crystals to awaken and stimulate the body, this is the number one to turn over the festive season. Cover wet skin with the feeling of fresh, crisp snow by smoothing on invigorating spearmint and grapefruit oils for a citrus and mint kick. Then simply rinse off for clearer minds and softer bodies."-Lush Website
I've wanted to try a Lush body conditioner for a while and the scent of this one won me over instantly. Again it's mint scented and is incredible. With this you just smooth it over your skin like a shower gel and then rinse it off. It almost instantly has a cooling, tingly effect on your skin but when you get out of the shower or bath it can feel even cooler, if you really don't like being cold then maybe try one of the other body conditioners but it is really quite refreshing-just have a cosy towel waiting maybe. 
It is quite expensive but you only need to use a little bit per use and it really does keep your skin nice and soft, you don't even really need to moisturise after using this so if that's something you don't like to do then this could be perfect for you. They do have a couple of other body conditioners in their permanent range so I might try one of those after this one is all gone, but it will take a while to use this all up.

I am a little sad that these are both limited edition as I really have noticed a difference in my skin with using these, but at least they have alternatives available for when these aren't in stores anymore. I am really hoping that these both return to the collection next year.

If you have any other recommendations for the Lush skin care range please leave them below as I am trying to swap all of my skin care over to lush as they are cruelty free, I have got a few other Christmas Lush items that I'm planning on reviewing over December and am looking forward to their  January sales so much!
Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik