Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

My Mac Lipstick Collection ♡

Mac lipsticks must be one of the most popular products across the blogging community and with good reason, I find that they always seem to have what I'm looking for, they cannot be faulted on their variety and it's for that reason that they make up the majority of my lipstick collection.
While £15.50 is a little much for a lipstick something about them makes them worth it (though it's annoying that they keep raising their prices) and lately I've been buying them more from my local Cosmetic Company Outlet as they are discounted to £11 and then I get an extra 10% off as I work in the same shopping centre, if you live near a CCO, or are near one while shopping I would really recommend checking them out as they stock really good brands at a discounted price and also sometimes have old limited edition collection items which people will be selling online for a lot more. Anyway, onto the lipsticks.



I currently own 21 mac lipsticks (when I took the photos for this post I only had 20 so the newest ones will be put in separately) and as far as I'm aware most of them are permanent. I think my favourite formula would be matte but I chose to group them together in colour groups for this post, to try and make them more even.


First up, and probably my favourite colour group at the moment, the nudes. I tend to prefer the matte formula for nude lipsticks, mac matte lipsticks tend to be quite creamy and not too drying. My go to lipliner for these lipsticks is Mac's Soar lipliner, I'm in love with that liner!
Persistence (matte-) peachy cinnamon this looks quite brown on me so isn't one I reach for often, it's more for when I'm in the mood for it.
Modesty (cremesheen) muted neutral pink This was my second ever Mac lipstick, hence why it is nearly all gone, it's a really nice every day lipstick, if you're not allowed to wear much makeup to work or school but want to try one I'd recommend this one.
Brave (satin) pink-beige with white pearl This is another one perfect for every day use, I find it lasts a bit longer than modesty and is a little more nude.


Kinda Sexy (matte) neutral pinky-rose I would personally say that this one is more peachy than rose, I find it can look a little odd on my lips and I'm not 100% sure I love it, it would look amazing on some people but I don't think it's quite the right shade for me.
Mehr (matte) dirty blue pink This is probably my favourite nude lipstick at the moment, in my eyes it's like a slightly more amped up Brave, I don't know how to explain it but it's stunning!


Next are the purples, I've recently become a bit obsessed with purple lipsticks and finding the perfect one, I think it's the Autumn feelings taking over. The lipliner I like to use with these is Mac's Nightingale liner.
Heavenly Hybrid (lustre-limited edition) mid-tone berry This was in an older collection so I got it from the CCO, I like this more in the summer, but it would make a good transition colour and also if you are a little nervous to go for a deeper, darker purple lipstick this would be perfect.
Rebel (satin) mid-tonal cream plum This is probably one of Mac's most famous/popular shades and with good reason, it's perfect for Autumn and I love it.


Glamourdaze (cremesheen-limited edition)mid tone creamy plum I got the description of this one from a few different reviews online because it isn't being sold anymore but I'm really not sure as it's practically the same as Rebel but they are so different. Glamour daze is definitely more plum than purple and is really nice as a more subtle plum lipstick, in the swatch photo above it actually looks more nude for some reason.
Up The Amp (amplified) lavender violet This is another Spring/Summer purple shade, it's very creamy and is brighter than the others.


Red lipsticks are another new obsession of mine, I love these more when I'm working behind the bar for some reason, I feel like they make me feel more confident somehow? I have found that the matte formula is great for red lipstick as it is much less likely to smudge, my favourite liners for these are either Mac's Cherry or Urban Decay's Pulp Fiction lipliner which I think was limited edition.
See Sheer (lustre) grapefruit pink This was my first ever Mac lipstick and I have the tiniest bit left, it was a really nice introduction to Mac and I would actually recommend trying lustre's first if you are a bit unsure about brighter lipsticks as they are more subtle. It's a really nice colour for a more subtle red lip.
So Scarlet (amplified-limited edition) I can't find a description for this but it's a gorgeous deep, cherry red, it's creamy and I do find it a little difficult to apply neatly but it's so lovely, if Mac bring this out in another collection sometime I'd really recommend it.
Ruby Woo (matte) very matte vivid blue-red Another of Mac's more famous shades, this is quite drying but with a creamy lip balm and liner you can make it more comfortable, it's a very classic red, I just wish it was a little more comfortable to wear.


Lady Bug (lustre) yellow tomato This is another lipstick that I don't tend to use that often, it's like a brighter/deeper version of See Sheer but it's quite in between so I usually go for a darker red, it will probably be best in Summer but if you don't like your red lips to be too dark then this will be a good option.
Salon Rouge (matte-limited edition) I can't find a description for this but it's a very clean, berry red, it's perfect for Autumn and Winter and I'm so glad I managed to find it in the CCO.
Heaux (amplified-limited edition) another limited edition berry shade, with a pink tone to it. I think they also brought out a matte version of this and I do prefer to use this and set it with a translucent powder, it can be quite difficult to apply neatly, like So Scarlet, but when it is on it is beautiful.


These are the colours that didn't seem to fit into any particular colour group, so they became their own section.
Lustering (lustre) outspoken pink This is quite a simple, easy to wear pink, I don't really have much to say about this one but it is very pretty.
Fanfare (cremesheen) mid tone yellow pink Another simple colour, creamy and good for every day, really nice for Summer. 



Lovelorn (lustre) emotive blue pink This is quite a nice Spring shade, it almost has a pastel look to it and is very subtle and pretty.
Neon Orange (amplified) bright orange Very different to the others, I got this when I was really into orange and I haven't used it in quite a while, it is really bright but with the right makeup and occasion it can really look nice. 

These last two I actually bought from the CCO after I'd already started this post, but I still wanted to include them, they bring my collection up to 21, and seeing as I turned 21 a few days ago how could I not include them?


Crosswires (cremesheen) clean pinky orange I've been wearing this one a lot in the last week and it looks really nice over the top of Soar lip liner, it's different to a lot of my other colours and I think it will especially be a favourite in sunnier months.



Chilli (red) brownish orange red When I initially swatched this I told myself I had lipsticks that were basically the same, but for some reason I kept thinking about it so had to go back and get it, looking at it now I actually don't own anything like it at all, it's got a very different tone to my other reds, it seems a perfect Autumnal shade and I'm really loving it so far.

So that's my Mac lipstick collection, I didn't write this to brag or show off, but because I love seeing other peoples collection posts when I'm looking for a new lipstick, so I'm hoping this might help someone in the same way.
I do want to quickly mention, since I've become a vegetarian I have been trying to be more conscious about whether cosmetic brands test on animals or not, and I'm struggling to find a straight yes or no answer as to whether the products that we buy in the UK have been tested on animals or not, it's infuriating. 
Anyway, I hope this post wasn't too rambly, I'm trying to get into blogging more frequently and I have a lot more posts that I would like to do over the Christmas season.
thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik